When it comes to a healthy home infrastructure, it’s safe to say that the roof is one of the most important elements. When a roof becomes defective it can create significant and often unforeseen expenses to homeowners, as well as a great deal of other problems if they are not taken care of. Montgomery Roofing spotlight common causes of roof damage.
Causes of Common Roof Problems
1. Weather Storm Damage to Roof. Your roof takes abuse from the elements so you don’t have to. Severe weather like wind can weaken shingles, nails and other roofing materials that hold your roof together. Even moderate gusts of wind have the power to threaten the stability of your roof.
2. Pest Roofing Damage. Rodents can get into the smallest of openings, and ants and termites can go pretty much anywhere they please. You should also be concerned with birds and squirrels. If these pests decide they want to nest on your roof, they will make their way up your siding or through the gutters. They can tear away shingles and vent covers as they try and find food and/or shelter.
3. Roof Maintenance Neglect. Even if you have a high-quality roof it still needs to be maintained. A regular inspection of your roof will alert you of any leaks and minor damage that can lead to major repairs in the long run. These inspections are even more important if your roof has little or no slope because water won’t run off them as well as it can on a more sloped roof.
4. Faulty Gutter Systems. Gutters are responsible for directing water away from your roof. When gutters are improperly installed, clogged or damaged they can’t work properly. This can cause water to buildup on the roof, rot parts of the roof and cause significant damage.
5. Water Roof Leak. All of the above cause for roof damage have one thing in common- they can allow moisture into your home. This can cause all sorts of water damage to the roof, to the insulation and the inside of your home. Moisture issues can also lead to mold growth.
6. Improper Roof Installation. Roof repairs, replacements and installations should always be done by an experienced roofing contractor. Proper installation provides you with leverage and security but can also increase the value of your property.
Roof Installation, Replacement & More in Hillsboro, Mexia, Belton, Killeen, Temple, Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Georgetown, Leander, Cedar Park, Kyle, San Marcos & Greater Waco, TX
Regular maintenance is important if you want your roof to last for as long as possible. You should call professionals to have any issues taken care of before you have a major problem that will cost you more to fix in the long run. To ensure your roof has the greatest vitality year round, contact the professionals at Montgomery Roofing for an inspection.