Leona is a neighborhood located in Lorena, TX. The neighborhood is home to many local businesses, including restaurants, shops and small businesses. Residents have easy access to public transportation and enjoy the close proximity to downtown Lorena. Leona offers a variety of recreational activities for its residents, with several parks and recreation centers in the area. The neighborhood also boasts excellent public schools and is home to several churches. Leona has a close-knit community atmosphere, and its residents are friendly and welcoming. Its small-town feel makes it a great place to live or visit. Whether you’re looking for a great place to raise a family, start a business, or just enjoy some peace and quiet, Leona has something for everyone.


Leona is a small neighborhood with a population of approximately 2,500 residents. According to the 2010 United States Census, the median age of Leona’s residents is 35 years old, and most of its population (67%) identifies as Caucasian or White. The remaining 33% are African American (17%), Hispanic or Latino (14%), and other ethnicities making up the remaining 2%. Most of its population is married (64%) with an average household size of 3.3 persons. The median income for Leona families is $50,456, higher than the national median income level. Additionally, the majority of Leona’s citizens are employed in manufacturing and related occupations (19%), followed by transportation and warehousing (7%). 


Education in Leona is top notch. The Leona Independent School District serves the area and offers quality public education to residents. There are three elementary schools and one middle school within the district, as well as a high school located nearby. In addition, there are several private schools located close by that specialize in different levels and types of education. All schools offer access to a variety of extracurricular activities such as sports, music, theater, art, and robotics. 

The district also supports a wide range of academic programs including dual language learning, advanced courses, AP classes, career readiness initiative programs and specialized services for students with special needs. Leona’s schools are dedicated to providing quality education and creating a nurturing learning environment in which students can thrive. The district also boasts a 97% graduation rate, indicating that it is successfully preparing its students for the future. With excellent educational opportunities, Leona is an ideal place to raise a family and ensure your children have all they need to excel academically. 


Leona offers a wealth of opportunities for tourism enthusiasts. Whether you’re a history buff or an outdoor adventurer, you’ll find something to love in this vibrant community. Take a stroll through the neighborhood streets and marvel at the beautifully preserved architecture, or explore the local shops and restaurants to experience the unique culture and flavors of this tight-knit community. For outdoor enthusiasts, Leona boasts plenty of hiking trails, camping sites, and fishing spots, making it the perfect destination for those seeking to connect with nature. With so much to see and do, you’ll want to come back to Leona again and again.

Overall, Leona is a desirable neighborhood that boasts an array of features and attractions. Its beautiful homes with modern amenities, convenient transportation options, and safe streets make it an ideal place to live for many residents. For those looking for a community with plenty of activities, great schools, and easy access to shopping and entertainment centers, Leona is the perfect choice. Its unique combination of features makes it an attractive option for anyone looking to put down roots in Lorena. 

Whether you’re a family or a single person, Leona has something to offer its residents. With its friendly atmosphere and welcoming community, it’s easy to understand why so many people choose Leona as their home.

Additionally, if you’re looking for a residential neighborhood that offers plenty of amenities, then Levi may be the perfect fit. From its close proximity to downtown attractions to its peaceful atmosphere, Levi has something to offer everyone. The neighborhoods boast an array of outdoor recreation areas, including parks and trails for hiking, biking, and more.